Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Bus Ride - DRC

I was sitting in the back of a van / bus, on the back (5th?) row w/ the isle for my legs. It was kind of like flying first class or getting the emergency exit.  Windows wide open, no seat belts, no AC, no radio,  & no suspension in a 25+ yr. old Mercedes panel van.

Then the choir started to sing.  Ok,  part of the choir.  We had picked up 5 sisters in route to a  8 month old church plant that was born out of literacy classes in a very rural & impoverished area on the eastern edge of Kinshasa.   They sang w/ perfect harmony singing praise songs in Ingala (I think?).   It was so sweet I forgot how tired I was, as I  drifted into another world.

If heaven had a choir, they would be members.  If they weren't angels, they would qualify.  The music they made was more than soothing to the soul.  It was inspiring and relaxing at the same time.  It was an amazing respite in a very long, yet encouraging day.




God, thank you for this pause in your presence.

No comments: